Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What is Nico Nico Douga? (And why you should care.)

So I guess I'm back, It's not even that I was doing something that made me not update, I'm just lazy. So I give you a short article about my newest obsession, Nico Nico Douga. Basiclly it is a cross between YouTube and a music community site. It started as a regular video website, but it quickly became know for it's medleys. The first of which is entitled Nico Nico Douga Chuudoku no Kata e Okuru Ikkyoku which you can see here being sung almost a capella.
There's Kumikyoku which has this awesome Mario level.
The most famous one was called Ryuuseigun which has three different versions, regular,
a capella and with a full orchestra.
So why is this important? It shows how a group of regular nerds can make a huge project
from nothing. Seriously that orchestra had little to no training together and still did great.
If every nations nerds could do that we could all make some epic things.

2 comments:

  1. actually the mario one is kumikyoku

    kumikyoku.rintaun.net
    is a site with all the different nico nico melodies and each version of the melodies
    lol, we both get into the same thing around the same time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, I'll change it.

    ReplyDelete